Ethan is showing us how old he is in his new Thomas PJ's

Addi Grace got her first taste of birthday cake and she LOVES it!

You can't beg your kids for a picture this perfect

Ethan and Mommy made his cake and he even helped decorate it

We took cousin AJ with us to the Zoo for the day





Ethan got new Thomas stuff for his bed

and he got a new snuggle blanket for movie nights

and new Thomas TJ's

and a new Thomas backpack and lunch box

and a huge Thomas and Friends puzzle

I decorated the living room floor with all your gifts and ballons the night before

Our wonderfully precious son Ethan turned 3 on Labor Day. The night before I put all his presents in the living room floor for him to open when we woke up. Daddy told me that you would notice them and might even attempt to open them while we sleep quietly in bed. I said no way. He won't even look twice when he comes running to our room in the dark. Ethan's normal waking time is 6am. He doesn't realize there are such things as "days off for sleeping in". When he got to our room he said "Mommy, I have birthday presents in the living room". We got up, got ready, ate breakfast and opened birthday presents. We picked up cousin AJ and he went with us to the Zoo. We had a great time even though it felt like it was 120 degrees. It was a wonderful surprise to run into Maddie Grace and her family at the zoo.
We came home that afternoon, took naps and Daddy cooked us a fantastic steak and potato dinner. I figured since I was the one that labored for over 11 hours with you, pitocin as high as they could give and me refusing an epidural striving to have a natural labor ONLY to get an epidural 13 hours later on my way to have a C-Section, I should get to choose our meal for the evening.
The funniest thing about that day is I don't remember one bit of the pain I felt. I know the pain from the induction must have hurt something terrible but the sheer joy I felt at the end of that day is so indescribeable that I can't remember anything bad from the day.
Thank you Jesus for giving us Ethan and Addison Grace. They have blessed our lives more than they will ever know!
LH&K Always!
1 comment:
Happy 3rd Birthday Ethan! Elizabeth-I bet your head is spinning at how quickly he has grown! I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend!
Post a Comment