February 20, 2011

With A Heavy Heart & A Lot Of Love!!!!!!


What A Handsome Fella!!!

Addison Grace Gasaway is born!


Ethan Lyons Gasaway is born!

Papa, Nanny and Addi Grace


Easter 2007


There is so much love in this picture!!!

Ethan's 1st Birthday



Addi Grace's 1st Christmas ~ 2008

Christmas 2008


Christmas 2010

Christmas 2009
Papa Grimes was one of the most wonderful men I have ever met.  He was full of compassion, honor, generosity, support, love, warmth, smiles, hugs and kisses!!!!!  He adored you children so much.  He and Nanny were there the day each of you were born and they were a part of every single important event in your lives.   I could write a lot of great stories about our Grandpapa on here.....but I know I will never be able to tell stories like your GG and Daddy will be able to tell you!!!!!!!!!  Our hearts are sad and will never be the same!!!!  We love you so much GrandPapa!!!!! 

Papa: I can only hope you were half as proud to call me yours as I always am to call you mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I LOVE YOU ALWAYS!!!!

LH&K Always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Eugene Gene Grimes



December 9, 1932 - February 16, 2011


Eugene “Gene” Grimes, of North Little Rock, beloved husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather went to heaven on Wednesday, February 16, 2011. Born December 9, 1932, in Ward, Arkansas, to Sam F. Grimes and Alice Conway Grimes. He was preceded in death by his parents, three sisters and a son, Gregory.


He is survived by his loving devoted wife, caregiver and best friend Fran and their children, son, Derrick (Janie) Grimes of Lonoke, daughters, Donna (Edwin) Gasaway of Hot Springs Village, Gena (Harry) Fielder, of Little Rock and Dr. Lisa (Dr. Kendall) Faulk of North Little Rock, brother, Tommy Grimes of Jacksonville, two nieces, seven grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren, and a host of friends.


He was a retired Captain with the NLR Fire Department and especially proud to have served his Country as a U.S. Army Infantryman in the Korean War.

Gene was a private, kind and gentle man, and was very generous, especially with those less fortunate. He was a life time Red Cross blood Donor, a strong supporter of the Salvation Army and the L.R. Compassion Center, a member of the VFW, the American Legion and a Missionary Baptist Deacon. He loved all of Gods creatures. His children often saw him take a bug outside instead of killing it. How ironic, since his son and three son-in-laws-are avid hunters. A collector of all things and nothing in particular, if you needed something he probably had it. He was open to anyone and had a diverse group of acquaintances. He opened his home to his mother-in-law for many years and they shared a special bond until her death in 1986. Through the years many relatives made his home their home.

The family will receive friends from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m., Friday, February 18, 2011 at Roller-Owens Funeral Home (501-791-7400) in North Little Rock. Funeral service will be at 2:30 p.m., Saturday, February 19, 2011, at the funeral home Chapel with Brother Ed Gasaway officiating. Interment will follow at Pinecrest Memorial Park.

The family wishes to thank all their friends and loved ones who prayed for them during his illness and a special thanks to Dr. Karen Burks for her excellent compassionate care. Also, the loving compassionate staff of Arkansas Heart Hospital and the kindness of Dr. L.E. Harrison.

In lieu of flowers, the family suggests donations may be made to the Salvation Army, 1111 W Markham St., Little Rock, AR 72201 or Little Rock Compassion Center, 318 W Roosevelt Rd. Little Rock, AR 72204.


Your Daddy Signed the Online Guest book..  I wanted to add this because everything in this blog is your life through my eyes and I thought it would be great for you to see your GrandPapa through your Daddy's eyes:

My Grandfather was a great man and we were all blessed to have him in our lives. In June of 1977 the man everyone knew as "Gene" and "Daddy" became a Grandpaw, this is where he really shined. When I was a child I always felt welcome no matter what he was doing. I loved to walk to his firestation and interrupt him while he was working. He would always stop what he was doing to show me around even though I made this a habit. My Grandpaw showed me a love that I can't explain, he was always there to listen, give support or offer a laugh. As I got older I started to notice just how good of a man he was, from the love he showed my Grandmother to the compassion that he showed to complete strangers. My Grandpaw was a true family man and always made his grandchildren and great grandchildren a priority. We all lost one of the best men we have ever known on February 16, 2011 and our lives will never be the same. Heaven has received a great addition to the family. "I'll miss you Paw-Paw".


To my Grandmother:


He loved you so much and it showed in everything he did. You stayed so strong though everything and I know he would be very proud of you. I've learned so many lessons from the two of you and I hope that I can be just half the man, husband, father and grandfather that he was.


Love Ya, Bryan

Thursday, February 17, 2011

No comments: