December 27, 2008

Christmas at the Greats!





Christmas Eve each year takes us to Nanny and Pops house. For those of you who don't know who they are, they are my childrens Great Grandparents. Their house gets smaller with every year that passes and it seems to bring a brighter smile to them both. Wow, what a blessing. This year it was miss Addy that took up more space. Next year ?!?! :-) I have to tell you a story. I was out shopping the day after christmas and was standing in line with this older guy who striked up a conversation with me. He was telling me how his wife has a big family, 27 in all and she has to make sure each one of them have a gift. He was clearly buying gifts for 2 of the greats. I told him "what a blessing that you have such a big family". He must have been slapped by Bah Humbug because he didn't feel a big family was a good thing. WHAT???? I immediately thought of nanny and pops and how many gifts they buy each year and all the work they put into getting the house ready for all of us to show up and the work involved and cleaning up when we leave. I am thankful they love ALL of us and that we are not a burden! THANK YOU Nanny and Pops for making sure BAH HUMBUG doesn't get to you with age! We love you bunches!




2 comments:

Laurie said...

How much fun! I love large family gatherings. Unfortunately our family is spread out! Hope you guys have a wonderful New Year!

Amanda said...

Addy is so beautiful! I hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas with your new addition! Happy New Year!