May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

I can't believe there is one day set aside to be Mother's Day. Every single day of my life since Sept 7th 2006 has been Mother's Day for me. How could it not? I guess it's nice knowing my Mom and Mother-In-Law feel extra special on this day but shouldn't I strive to make them feel extra special every day? They ARE the great and wonderful women that raised us who are my childrens "Nana" & "GG". I can't imagine not being able to pick up the phone and call either of them to see if the bacon is still good, if the boiled eggs need to be thrown out or call when my kids are sick.

Some of you may be thinking I'm crazy not to think mother's day is special. It is special because it's another day I get to spend with my kids. I don't put a lot of stock into Mother's Day as a day and here is why. Monday night I cuddled Ethan in his bed while he fell asleep. He raised his head one time and kissed my arm TWICE. He raised his head again a few minutes later and kissed my arm once more. He didn't do this on Mother's Day. He just picked a random day, moment in time, to remind me how important I am to him. It brought tears to my eyes and I held him a little closer than normal and prayed to God longer than normal thanking him for this precious boy he gave me. I feel extra special every day of my life. My children do something every single day that reminds how blessed I am that God chose me to be their mother. And Addison honey, your smile wakes me up each morning and puts me to sleep each night.

So you see, I love every moment of being a mom. You children make every day I have on this earth extra special. I love you both so very much! LH&K Always!

No comments: