May 9, 2009

Pre-Mother's Day At School

Friday morning we had a Mother's Day event at Ethan and Addison's school. Ethan gave me a bag full of goodies which had his handprint and a bracelet he made for me. The handprint had this written on it "Sometimes you get discouraged because I am so small and I always leave my fingerprints on furniture and walls. But every day I am growing, I will be grown someday and all those tiny handprints will surely fade away. So, here's a little handprint so you can recall exaclty how my fingers looked when I was very small." I was the only Mommy in the room crying. I felt like a nerd because I had the hardest time stopping my tears. I was overwhelmed with emotion and my mind went back to just 3 1/2 years ago when I felt so many feelings of desperation trying to get pregnant. Sitting there holding my son while he gave me gifts that his little hands made truely was a priceless moment for me. I love you both more than ever. LH&K Always!

No comments: