December 3, 2009

Mommy's Birthday Cake


So, I turned 34 today.  It is so hard for me to believe that 4 short years ago, I was blowing out the candles on my 30th birthday cake and my only wish was for a child.  Now, I have 2 precious children eating my 34th birthday cake. 

Becoming a mother never seemed more distant than it did that day.  Your Dad and I had been through trials, tribulations and lots of heartbreak that last 1 1/2 years of my 20's trying to have a baby.  We found out 3 weeks after I blew those candles out that I was pregnant again.  We prayed for a big healthy baby and the Lord provided in abundance!!!!!  9 months later I held my sweet, sweet boy in my arms and our lives have never been the same. 

Some people may not like getting older.  For me, however, the years only get better and better and better.   I have to lift many praises up to our Lord and Savior above, JESUS CHRIST!  He has filled our hearts and lives with pure LOVE and joy!! My heart is overflowing! LH&K Always!!!

No comments: